Ernie Ball Slinky Coated Electric Guitar Strings combine the latest technological advancements in string manufacturing. All wound strings are treated with groundbreaking nanotechnology that repels unwanted moisture and oils that negatively impact your tone. In addition to treating the wound strings, each plain string features a patented reinforcement winding of titanium wire. Titanium's inherent strength prevents string breakage, string slippage, and is proven to keep your guitar strings in tune better than conventional plain strings. Ernie Ball Slinky Coated guitar strings maintain the feel and sound of uncoated sets, combining the added protection with the vibrant tone Ernie Ball customers have relied on for over 50 years. Gauges .009, .011, .016, .024w, .032, .042
- Ball End - Ball ends are made using brass wire rod which is machined and cut to exacting specifications to ensure a precise fit and function. The ball ends are then deburred, cleaned and inspected before ready for use.
- Wrap Wire - Classic Slinky strings are precision wound with pure nickel wire providing a warm, vintage tone with superior intonation and consistency.
- Core Wire - The core is made from tin plated high carbon steel hex wire providing excellent durability.
- Alloys used for strings start from ore which is smelted using high heat to remove impurities. The material is cooled and forged into shape for conversion to wire. This process is done to Ernie Ball's exacting specifications to ensure optimum performance and consistency.
- Made with the finest and freshest raw material which are specified to exacting tolerances to ensure optimal consistency and performance.
- All raw materials and strings must pass a multi-point inspection process throughout the manufacturing and packaging process.
- Single strings are coiled and packaged individually in order then flow wrapped in airtight individual foil packs.
- Packaged strings are checked for a quality seal using a pressurized water chamber which subjects packs to an elevated level of stress across every to ensure packages are completely airtight and sealed optimally.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- String Gauges: .011, .014, .018p, .028, .038, .048