For the first time in over 30 years, the original Mad Cat returns!
Take a look at this classic H.S. Anderson Vintage Reissue Mad Cat Vintage Reissue Guitar. Built as close as possible to the original specifications. An original ‘70s Mad Cat was used as a reference model, and after extensive testing a worthy successor, which even surpasses the original in some regards, was chosen.
Subtle upgrades have been performed. Tuners were upgraded to Gotoh SG360 with a higher gear ratio. The original Keiyo pickups were upgraded to Bill Lawrence USA vintage. The output jack is even sturdier.
The Headstock shape and all other specifications are the same as the ‘70s Mad Cats. This reissue was designed with the highest respect to the sound and feel of this legendary guitar. Each one is handbuilt in the original Moridaira factory by Japanese craftsmen and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- This item qualifies for FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING within the 48 contiguous United States.
- If sold out, unavailable or unable to add to cart, please call (323) 883-9090 for availability. Products arrive daily!
- Model – Vintage Reissue Mad Cat
- A spot-on Vintage Correct reissue of the original 70’s H.S. Anderson/Hohner Mad Cat
- Handmade in Japan at the Moridaira factory (same as the original)
- Lightweight Ash Body with Figured Maple top and back and Walnut Stripe
- One-Piece Maple neck, 21 fret, C-shape
- 42.8mm (1.685") nut width
- 240R (9.45”) Radius
- 2mm (.079”) x 1mm (.040”) vintage frets (aka Dunlop 6230)
- Two string retainers
- Gotoh GTC102 Hardtail Bridge with Callaham USA vintage bent-steel saddles (a set of Gotoh modern-style saddles are also included)
- 10.5mm (.41”) string spacing
- Gotoh SG360 Machine Heads, 14:1 gear ratio
- Bill Lawrence USA S1 & S3 pickups
- Controls = volume, tone, 3-way switch
- Polyurethane lacquer (custom made for Moridaira)
- Unique headstock shape
- Mother of Pearl H.S. Anderson logo
- Stamped serial number on back of headstock
- Leopard pickguard and pickup surround with black body binding
- SKB-66 case with TSA approved trigger release latching system and full-length neck support
- Left-handed version is available (extra charge) with black headstock logo