The Rectifier® Recording™ PreAmp duplicates not just the sound but the addictive feel of a Recto® stack mic’ed up in a great room.
For three years we worked day and night to deliver the sound and feel of our legendary Dual and Triple Rectifier® stacks… direct to console. All this time we watched a digital parade of “me-too modeling toys” try to seduce you. But we chose an alternative approach to modeling… it’s called reality.
In a classic guitar recording, what you hear is the sound of a tube pre-amp feeding a tube power amp, driving a speaker. Note that a tube amp and speaker share a magic and complex relationship because each affects the other as they constantly respond to changes in frequency and volume. And don’t forget, the cabinet also affects how the speaker moves as it pushes air at the microphone, reacting with the ambient characteristics of the room. The Recto Pre recreate this process - sound and feel - leaving out everything except the pre-amp.
If you want to be like the original, why not start with the original. And in fact we used the exact same parts and circuitry - making it killer for live applications too. Then we added extra recording tubes, six in total, five custom transformers, a gang of tuned inductors and our thirty years of tone-questing experience to duplicate when playing not just the sound but the addictive feel of a Recto® stack mic’ed up in a great room.
Channel One alone will amaze you. We’ve added the Fat and Brit modes from the mighty Road King™ to create a truly powerful arsenal of clean and roots sounds. If you never used Channel Two’s amazing gain sounds, this Pre-Amp would be worth every dime just for it’s Channel One virtues alone. But trust us,there’s more: Raw, Vintage and Modern roam gracefully through all the realms of subtle gain expression before reaching a mind-bending fury of high-gain Recto performance.
So don’t settle for less than the most recorded and revered amplifier in contemporary music. Now those sounds and more are instantly available any time, anywhere, at any volume level. Remember, only Mesa makes the authentic Recto®.
- This item qualifies for FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Mesa/Boogie products sold by Mesa/Boogie Hollywood are intended for use within the United States. We are unable to ship any Mesa/Boogie products outside of the US.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the world’s finest materials
- Rectifier Recording Pre-Amp
- Pure Analog “Recto Direct” Recording Circuitry (no digital modeling) / 6x12AX7
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Modes
(Channel 1 = Clean, Fat or Brit; Channel 2 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence & Master Controls per Channel • Bright Switch and Pad Switch (Channel 1)
- Live Bright/Warm Record Voice Switch (Channel 2)
- Record Output Level Control
- “Live” Output Control (over all channels) • Solo Level Control
- Parallel FX Loop w/Stereo Returns & Mix Control
- 1 Smart Power Function Trigger (Controls Smart Power Modes on Select MESA Power Amps – “Deep, Half Drive or Modern”)
- Independent Stereo Main & Recording Outputs
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- External Switching Inputs
- 2 Rack spaces