From the largest independent builder of aged guitars and basses - Nash Guitars
Take a look at this fabulous Nash LP-60 Sunburst electric guitar.
It is a Gibson Les Paul Standard that has been not just aged but converted by Bill Nash. This Aged Cherry Sunburst Top LP-60 has an amazing classic look and may just be the best best Les Paul you'll ever lay your hands on.
Bill doesn't merely age a Gibson Les Paul guitar, he completely strips them down to the bare wood and creates a masterpiece of look, feel and tone. The guitar is completely disassembled and parts are selected for aging while others are replaced with those better suited for the job.
The finish is stripped down to bare wood, stains or paints applied and the guitar is re-finished in 100% nitrocellulose lacquer, keeping it as thin as possible to enable superior resonance.
After curing, the guitar gets its aging treatment, the frets are re-worked, dressed and then reassembly begins.
The pickups are replaced with a DiMarzio Bluesbucker in the Neck and a DiMarzio Air Norton in the Bridge. The guitar is re-wired so that the pickups breathe better. The neck pickup's tone control acts as a coil tap for the Bluesbucker, which gives that pickup an amazing strat-like sound. Between 1 and 8 on the tone knob it works as a regular tone control, between 9 and 10 it shuts off the second/dummy coil. This gives you a tap without adding switches or push pull pots. The Air Norton gives you bigger output and rich harmonics without going over the top into the tone spectrum of faceless, modern, high output sound that so many specialized humbuckers are susceptible to. These pickups have a lower string pull and a much higher sensitivity to your dynamics and playing style.
This Nash LP-60 is a true player's guitar - crafted to play, sound and feel just like a vintage Paul that's been set up for the most demanding of guitarists!
- Model – Nash Aged Les Paul (LP-60)
- Body Finish – Aged Cherry Sunburst Top (Nitrocellulose)
- Body Wood – Maple on Mahogany
- Neck Wood – Mahogany/Rosewood Fingerboard
- Neck Finish – Sanded Lacquer Back
- Nutwidth – 1 11/16 in
- Frets – Medium Jumbo
- Backshape – Thin 60's
- Hardware – Aged Nickel
- Bridge – Tune-O-Matic w/Stop Tailpiece
- Pickguard – Cream 1-Ply
- Pickups – DiMarzio Bluesbucker (neck) Dimarzio Air Norton (bridge)
- Controls – 2 x Vol, 2 x Tone w/ Coil Split
- Switching – 3-way Toggle
- Case Included
- Strings – .010 - .046
- This item qualifies for FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING within the 48 contiguous United States.
- MESA/Boogie products sold by MESA/Boogie Hollywood are intended for use within the United States. We are unable to ship any MESA/Boogie products outside of the US.