The first amp to offer both Push-Pull & Single Ended "Class A" magic!
Take an incredibly expressive pre-amp with its intuitive versatility, add the vintage magic of EL-84’s running Pure Class A - and a classic is born. The Pure Class A, EL-84 Powered LONE STAR SPECIAL® features Channel Assignable Power that allows you to assign 1, 2 or all 4 EL-84’s to either of its 2 Channels for independent Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts! The Special delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel.
Authentic retro-tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet-spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering three distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5. Perfect Power. Per Channel. On Demand.
The Lone Star Special is the first amp to offer both push-pull and single-ended Class A power in one amp! It's 30 & 15 Watt settings deliver bold and pure push-pull Class A power, while the single-ended 5 Watt setting provides a subtle coating of warm distortion (an octave above the note you’re playing - the 2nd harmonic) and glazes the entire spectrum with a purring, golden halo of precious nuance.
Gigging at the club… rehearsing with the band… recording in the studio… tracking at home… or simply finding inspiration late at night… the finely tuned power sections of the Lone Star Special ® transcend all these needs – going where no single amp has gone before.
- This item qualifies for FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Mesa/Boogie products sold by Mesa/Boogie Hollywood are intended for use within the United States. We are unable to ship any Mesa/Boogie products outside of the US.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the world’s finest materials
- Pure Class A, Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) allows you to assign either 1, 2 or 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts per Channel via independent 5/15/30 Watt Power Switches / 4xEL84, 5x12AX7, 1x5Y3
- Rectifier Tracking™ (5 &15 Watt Mode = Tube, 30 Watt = Diode - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- 2 Fully Independent Channels each with Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb & Master Controls
- Channel 1=Boutique Vintage Clean/Classic Breakup
- Channel 2=Clone of Ch 1 or Cascading High Gain
- Drive/Clean Switch activates Ch 2 “Drive” Control (Multi-Stage Cascading Gain Circuit)
- Thick/Normal/Thicker Voicing Switch (Channel 2)
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Bright/Warm Reverb Tone Switch
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1/2, Solo & Reverb
- All Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover